Terms And Conditions
The Terms and Conditions set out below apply to all transactions between us. These terms and conditions will not affect your statutory rights.
Our trading name is : Marc Hermans
Our address is: Ettemastraat 8; 7038 CP Zeddam; The Netherlands.
VAT no: 164378248B03
All our prices are quoted in € (euro) and are inclusive of VAT at the national rate.
Shipping costs are calculated with your order, depending on where you live.
All transactions made on this site are on the understanding that you agree to these Terms & Conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Prices & Payments
All prices quoted on this site are in euros and include VAT.
Postage and packaging costs will be calculated with your order based on where you live.
Postage costs for fine art prints are based on print only shipping.
As each print order is dealt with on an individual basis please allow up to 10 working days to ship your order (working days excludes holidays and weekends).
Please note that due to the bespoke nature of our prints and the fact that they are hand-printed to order by myself, delivery dates may vary at certain times.
Mounted fine art prints will be packaged in bubble wrap with corner protectors.
Unfortunately, due to the high risk of damage during shipment, we only send mounted prints. If you are able to personally visit me and collect your purchase, I could take care of framing your artwork. Please email me to discuss this.
All Marc Hermans prints are printed from very high-resolution files on contemporary fine art matte papers of the highest quality and have an archive life of over 100 years in normal conditions.
However, prolonged, direct sunlight on any photographic image prematurely ages it. Therefore, we recommend you place your product away from direct sunlight.
Please allow 3 working days to ship non-print orders.
You will also be notified once your goods have been despatched.
Delivery times may vary and if you have purchased multiple items, may arrive separately.
Cancellations / Returns
If you wish to cancel your order:
You can notify us by email to email@example.com before we have dispatched the goods to you or where goods have already been dispatched to you, by returning goods to us in accordance with our returns policy below.
Goods should be inspected immediately on receipt and you must notify Marc Hermans within 7 working days by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if the goods are damaged or do not match your order.
Unwanted goods must be posted back to us to arrive within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. The costs of returning goods to us shall be borne by you unless the product is damaged.
Upon receipt of the goods we will give you a full refund of the amount paid within 14 days of receipt by us.
The rights to return the goods to us as referred to will not apply in the following circumstances: –
- In the event that the product has been used.
- If the goods are personalised upon your request.
- The goods must have all original packaging and be in a saleable condition.
- The returned items are not received by Marc Hermans within 7 days of delivery.
- The exception to this is Christmas gifts ordered between 15th November and 15th
December which maybe returned up until January 10th.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your address, order and payment secure and the customer must also do the same. Unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any loss or damages caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you. If we have reason to suspect that your details have been obtained fraudulently from us, we will endeavour to let you know as soon as we can.
The Data Protection Act 1998 applies. You may write to us at our place of business above, in order to query what data is held about you.
Limitation on Liability
We make no warranty as to the accuracy of the information we place on our website. The extent of our liability for any breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered by you. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
VAT is charged on all orders except those taken from and delivered to outside the European Economic Community. The price displayed is inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
International Tax, Customs & Import Duties are not included in the price. You are solely responsible for payment of any such charges.
Copyright and Trade Marks
Copyright and all intellectual property rights in the goods are reserved and excluded and either belong to us or to third parties for whom we act with their authority.
All content, compilations of content and software used on this website including text, graphics, logos, images data compilation and software is our property or that of our content suppliers and is protected by The Netherlands and international copyright and database right laws. You may not extract and/or re-utilize the whole or parts of the contents of the website and/or create or publish your own database or website that contains substantial parts of this website.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
The contract shall be deemed to be made in The Netherlands. All contracts made between us and the customer shall be governed by the laws of The Netherlands and any dispute arising therein shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dutch courts.
The following terms and conditions apply in respect of all Marc Hermans Photographic Workshop bookings.
1. Payment in full or an agreed deposit amount is required at the time of booking .
2. Where applicable, any balance of the workshop price is due by the stipulated date. If the booking is made after this date then the full amount is due at the time of booking.
3. If a cancellation is made by a client we will endeavour to do all we can to fill your place prior to the workshop starting and if successful, we will then refund your payment in full. However if we are unable to fill your place then you would forfeit your payment.
4. The transfer of a booking from one workshop to another will incur an administration fee of £25 and should be notified in writing. A workshop cancellation fee may also apply (see clause 3 above).
5. Marc Hermans reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary including in the case of force majeure, you will have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative workshop (if this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Marc Hermans.
6. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
7. In the event of a specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, we will attempt to provide a replacement. If this is not possible then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. The type of workshops we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop.
9. Marc Hermans does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbances, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
10. It is the responsibility of the client to obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before beginning the workshop. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for those travelling from abroad), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays (if applicable).